Welcome Vermont Investors!
Today, we’re thrilled to welcome residents of the state of Vermont to Lending Club’s investing platform and to take another step towards our mission to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding.
With this exciting news, we want to share some fun facts about Vermont!
- Vermont is also known as the “Green Mountain State.”
- The state bird is the hermit thrush, the state tree is the sugar maple, the state flower is the red clover, the state animal is the Morgan horse, and the insect is the honeybee!
- Vermont churns out 35 percent of the nation’s supply of maple syrup, making it the largest producer in the United States.
- It was the first state admitted to the Union after the ratification of the Constitution.
- Vermont has the highest ratio of cows to people in the United States, which may be why Vermont’s state beverage is milk.
Learn more about where Lending Club is available to investors and borrowers here.