Social Lending Blog v2
Today, we happily deployed the second iteration of our company blog.
If you’ve been following Lending Club since we launched last May, you’ll recall that our deployment path was first as a Facebook application, represented primarily through posts on this blog, and at the time Lending Club was available to Facebook members only. In the wake of opening up the platform to users beyond those with Facebook accounts, the organic growth has kept accelerating and that’s been really energizing. While rapid growth has its “good problems to have” per se, e.g., ensuring ongoing scalability and stability in concert with feature developments and other value adds, the challenges and feedback from our members and readers on how well we’re meeting them keep us continually psyched.
Off-the-cuff, here are some highlights of the upgrade:
- Updates on the front end
- More seamless look and feel with the rest of our site
- More integrated, highlighted tertiary navigation specific to the blog
- Internal and external search optimizations
- Randomized, standardized rotation of press and video highlights
- Standardized, more convenient content sharing and syndication options
- Printer-friendly pages
- Friendly error pages
- Updates behind the scenes
- New caching hooks for improved performance
- Improved usability measurement and other tracking points
- Improved anti-spam rules and other security enhancements
- New content QA routines
We look forward to bringing you more insights, perspectives, musings and debates from the realm of personal finance: borrowing and lending, also social networking and other related technology topics. Whether you’re a new visitor or a longtime subscriber, please enjoy pounding away on this latest configuration and drop us a comment to let us know what you think.
Better Blogging. Together.
Monday, April 7th, 2008 at 10:15 pm